Monday, July 15, 2013

Armed forces represented on commemorative egg

    The 36th Commemorative Egg was presented to First Lady Michelle Obama on behalf of America's egg farmers by American Egg Board Chairman Roger Deffner and American Egg Board President and CEO Joanne C. Ivy. President Obama also attended the presentation as did his daughters Malia and Sasha and Bo, the first dog, the morning of the White House Easter Egg Roll.
    Award-winning artist Brian K. Baity of Wet Valley City, Utah, used a brown egg for the starting point of this year's design. For the first time, White House Easter Egg Roll's logo is featured. Baity incorporated his signature lattice pattern, and a quote along the egg's bottom represents the need for continued art education.
    "On the reserve side, I photographed my long-time friend and solider Zach Burton with his children," says Baity. "I served in the United States Air Force as did my father. I chose the Bronze Star Medal, which my father was awarded, as the background. I'm honored to commemorate the service of our nation's military and in a small way, honor their sacrifices for our freedom," said Baity.

No comments:

Post a Comment