Five projections for global poultry production
- Global poultry production is projected to reach 111,000 thousand metric tons in 2015; up from 109,970 thousand metric tons in 2014.
- Global poultry production over the next decade is expected to grow by 24 percent.
- Over the next decade, Brazil is projected to see growth not only in poultry production, but also in poultry consumption and trade.
- Poultry meat will capture more than half of the world’s share of additional meat produced by 2024, compared to the average of production from 2012-2014.
- In 2024, China is projected to produce nearly 5 million metric tons of poultry more than the average of production from 2012-2014.