“Our industry has been greatly impacted by the avian influenza virus, and a number of critical needs have been identified for research and communication outreach. USPOULTRY is investing significant funds to help address these priority needs,” said Sherman Miller, Cal-Maine Foods, Jackson, MS, and USPOULTRY chairman.
The following avian influenza projects have been approved for funding.
- Formaldehyde Inactivation of Avian Influenza Virus in Poultry Feed, Auburn University
- Inactivation of Avian Influenza Virus in Poultry Litter, Southeast Poultry Research Laboratory, USDA-ARS
- Developing a HPAI Planning Tool for Poultry Farms, University of Minnesota
- Humane Depopulation of Poultry, Researcher to be determined
- Onsite Holding of Sexually Immature Turkey Hens during Periods of Mandatory Disease Quarantine, Michigan State University
- Rapid Disposal of Poultry Carcasses Following Depopulation, USPOULTRY Board Research Initiative pre-proposals are currently being sought on this research topic with pre-proposals due Nov. 6.
- “ALL IN OR ALL GONE” - HPAI Biosecurity Outreach Program, Funding is provided to help expand the biosecurity outreach program developed by the Georgia Poultry Federation to other states.